| View Journal
Asian Journal of Assessment in Teaching and Learning
Formerly known as "International Journal of Assessment and Evaluation in Education"
Discipline(s) / Subdiscipline(s):
1. Social Sciences
- Education & educational research
Print ISSN: 2232-1926
Publisher: Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris
Publication type: Electronic
Publication frequency: 2 time(s) per year
Journal Website: http://ejournal.upsi.edu.my/index.php/AJATeL/index
Associate Professor Dr. Mohamed Nor Azhari Azman
Asian Journal of Assessment in Teaching and Learning
Faculty of Technical and Vocational
Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris
35900 Tanjong Malim
The International Journal of Assessment and Evaluation in Education has change the name to Asian Journal of Assessment in Teaching and Learning (ISSN 2232-1926 / eISSN 2600-870X) is refereed journal and published by UPSI Press for Faculty of Technical and Vocational, Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris and published biannually (June and December). It provides an opportunity for those involved in the field of education (science, engineering, mathematics, design and technology, vocational, arts, psychology and counselling and other related areas) to express and exchange ideas on assessment in teaching and learning.
This journal aims to investigate and discuss issues pertaining to the functions, theories, values and practices of assessment and research as they impact from preschool to higher education (preschool, primary, secondary and tertiary levels). It also looks further on their impact on the community. This journal encourages vigorous dialogue between educational scholars and practitioners. To achieve this aim, papers are published that present current research, theoretical statements, philosophical arguments, critical evaluation of a field of educational enquiry, and integration of educational scholarship, policy and practice.
AJATeL maintains a standard double-blind peer review process. The double-blind process means that the identity of the author and the reviewer are not known to each other.
AJATeL is an Open Access Journal and does not charge readers or their institutions for access to the journal articles. The open access supports the rights of users to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of these articles provided they are properly acknowledged and cited.
We also invite for call for Special Issue publication who those are interested to publish in this journal. This journal has been indexed in Google Scholar and MyCite.
Peer Review Policy
Publishable manuscripts will be referred to the Editorial Advisory Board members and/or other reviewers. Author are encouraged to suggest names of possible reviewers. Author will be notified about the editorial decision within six weeks from the date of manuscript receipt. Manuscripts are accepted conditionally, pending authorsâ€˜ revision of the material.
AJATeL is double blind peer reviewed. The editorial processes follow standard procedures thus:
- Call for submissions/Online submissions
- Article submissions and acknowledgements
- Initial evaluation
- Allocation of reviewers based on article content
- Reviewing process
- Author re-submissions if necessary
- Further editing and processing
- Evaluation for publication
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Mohamed Nor Azhari Azman, Scopus ID: 36198028300, Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idr
Associate Professor Dr. Arasinah Kamis, Scopus ID: 57132613100 ; Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris, MALAYSIA
Associate Professor Dr. Marianne Teras, Scopus ID: 55157340200 ; Stockholm University, SWEDEN
Associate Professor Dr. Che Ghani Che Kob, Scopus ID: 57209251217 ; Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris, MALAYSIA
Associate Professor Dr. Melor Md Yunus, Scopus ID: 36521977800 ; Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, MALAYSIA
Associate Professor Dr. Arman Shah Abdullah, Scopus ID: 24459417300 ; Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris, MALAYSIA
Associate Professor Dr. Balamuralithara Balakrishnan, Scopus ID: 24281019600 ; Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris, MALAYSIA
Dr. Endah Retnowati, Scopus ID: 36006825500 ; Universitas Negeri Yogyakarta, INDONESIA
Dr. Norwaliza Abdul Wahab, Scopus ID: 57192986602 ; Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris, MALAYSIA
Professor Dr. Rudi Hartono, Scopus ID: 57212033540 ; Universitas Negeri Semarang, INDONESIA
Dr. Tee Tze Kiong, Scopus ID: 57195533287 ; Universiti Tun Hussein Onn, MALAYSIA
Dr. Marien A. Laureto, Scopus ID: ; Capiz State University, Iloilo East Coast - Capiz Rd, Pilar, 5804 Capiz, PHILLIPPINES
Associate Professor Dr. Judel V. Proctacio, Scopus ID: ; Capiz State University, Iloilo East Coast - Capiz Rd, Pilar, 5804 Capiz, PHILLIPPINES
Mr. James Edokpolor, Scopus ID: 57194726594 ; Benson Idahosa University, NIGERIA
Dr. Fardila binti Mohd Zaihidee, Scopus ID: 56346969400 ; Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris, MALAYSIA
International Advisory Board
Professor Dr. Lazaro Moreno Herrera, Stockholm University, SWEDEN.
Professor Dr. Fumihiko Tochinai, Kanazawa Institute of Technology, JAPAN.
Professor Dr. Hidekazu Kanemitsu, Kanazawa Institute of Technology, JAPAN.
Professor Dr. Mingchang Wu, National Yunlin University of Science and Technology, TAIWAN, ROC.
Professor Dr. Pedro Luis Yturria Montenegro, Pinar del Rio University, CUBA.
Associate Professor Ir. Syahril, MSCE, Ph.D, Universitas Negeri Padang, INDONESIA
Format of Manusript:
- The manuscript should be typed using Word format. It should adhere to the APA style. It should be typed double-spaced, using font 12 of Times New Roman with a margin of 2.5 cm on all sides. The page number should appear in centre position at the bottom of the page.
- The title should be typed bold, using font 12 of Times New Roman. Each word should start with a capital letter.
- Title of paper, name(s) of author(s) and a complete address for mailing should be typed on a separate page.
- The main text should begin after the title, abstract, and keywords. The alignment of the text should be justified. Each paragraph should be indented by five spaces
- Footnotes should be avoided.
- Tables and figures should be inserted in the right places in the text.
- Submission should be sent as an email attachment (Microsoft Word) to email@example.com. If this is not possible, please submit two hard copies and a copy in CD. Each submission is first assessed by the board of editors before being sent to the international advisors.
- All authors will receive an acknowledgement upon receipt of paper to confirm its safe arrival.
- The manuscript must be written in English. It must be original and should not have been published or submitted for publication elsewhere. The length should be between 4,500 to 7,000 words (including references, appendices, tables, diagrams, and figures)
- An abstract of 250 words is required. Include five keywords a line below the abstract.
- The copyright of the paper belongs to the author until the paper is accepted by the editorial board of the journal. It should not be reproduced elsewhere without the written permission of the Chief Editor. After the acceptance is communicated, UPSI owns the copyright.
- The responsibility for obtaining permission from copyright holders to reproduce any table, diagrams, figures or pictures rests with the authors.
- Lead authors will each receive a copy of the journal free of charge.
| Journal Coverage